Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Style Icon: Freddie Mercury

Freddie Mercury has been my idol since I was 15. While his voice is truly inspirational, he also had a great personal style. I know of very few others who can pull off a sparkly silver unitard! His onstage outfits are were dramatic, emphasizing what a great showman he was. However, I'm equally inspired by his offstage style whether it's a simple striped tee or an amazing floral jacket that I wish hung in my closet! What do you think? Are you inspired by any past or present musicians? (Photos from allthetests.com, frankpicturegallery.com, imageshack.us, tumblr.com, treesong.org, rockmusic.org)

11 comments:

bryna said...

aah, amazing!

ellie said...

He was amazing..and I liked his manly chest too..hehehe..

cass and cady said...

What an icon. I think he did so much as a musican and lead the likes of so many other artist out there.

the oaks said...

what a great post. love these pictures of him too.

cait said...

Oh, I think he helped me through good times and bad times. Love his voice and his style.

Anonymous said...

We miss you Freddie

www.janetteria.com said...

i love Freddie!

If U have a mood, look at my newer giveaway!

X♥X♥

Melissa~ said...

A style icon and I inspiration. He was a genious, I miss him.

Patty Ann said...

hahahah that blue bodysuit is hilarious!!!
xxx

AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

Glendy said...

You know I bought a black unitard at American Apparel and for a while I have been contemplating adding sparkly sequins or stones to my crotch, I wonder if I'll make Freddie mercury Proud XD
I love him he's an amazing icon!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Def one of the greatest rock stars ever. What did you think about Adam Lambert being compared to him? I, myself, just don't think anyone can be compare to Mercury =)