Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Whatever happened to fall?

I think we honestly had about 5 days of fall this year. Right now, it is very cold and snowy. The high was -8 C and it snowed a lot early this morning, making my morning commute very slow (55 minutes compared to the usual 20). It was super icy as well! However, it's supposed to be 21 C on Saturday. What can I say, it's crazy Alberta weather.

However, a nice surprise was waiting for me when I got home. The chickdowntown giveaway I won from Su at the Stiletto Effect present arrived. The prize was a pair of velvet Members Only leggings. As soon as I opened the package, I put them on and let me tell you, they are super comfy! I kept touching my legs because of the soft velvet! Plus they were wrapping in cute chickdowntown.com paper! Hopefully they will appear in an outfit post soon. Posting should become more regular soon, as I had a slew of family issues to deal with over the weekend. Also, I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving (at least everyone who celebrates it in October)!

Also, as Monday was a holiday, my design class was canceled, which was good, because I haven't finished my homework yet. Here is a photo of the skirt pattern I've drafted from my measurements. Now I just have to make the pattern pieces, cut out the muslin and baste it together. Sorry the draft is so light and hard to see.

Also, the folk at Alberta Fashion Week turned out to be complete flakes. They never called me to arrange my volunteering times and I tried to call the only person involved who's phone number I had and left a message asking her to call me, but she never did. Very disappointed.

5 comments:

Angela said...

I am trying to enjoy fall here in socal. : ) have a wonderful day.

daisychain said...

I LIKE those leggings a lot.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a bummer, but on an up note those leggings are lovely!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, those will look so fabulous on you, darling! I just gave away the same prize on Cafe Fashionista - are they as luxurious as they look?

At least you had five days of fall. It's still the middle of summer here in Southern California - it has been in the high nineties for the past week! :(

Annie Spandex said...

Freaking sweet!!! I'm really into velvet this winter..