Monday, June 22, 2009

Goodie bags and free samples - oh yeah!

Sorry for disappearing again, I'm trying to make it less of a habit. My job search hasn't been going so well and I am still looking. Today I went to the Holt Renfrew career fair for when they open their new Calgary flagship store. If you're not familiar with Holt, it's a luxury department store that carries high end brands like Burberry, Prada, Chanel, Louboutin etc. and it would be an absolute dream to work there! The job fair was being held at this beautiful hotel and it was a bit intimidating because it was so darn fancy. But all of the girls/ladies who directed me where to go were super nice. I basically filled out a form, had a short interview and that was it. I was so nervous that my leg wouldn't stop shaking. Lucky for me it was blocked from the interviewer by the table! But I did get an amazing gift bag before I left! Besides being in a pretty pink bag, it came with a bottle of water 9which was very refreshing after the stress of the interview), a pencil, a credit card application, a pack of gum, a Missoni perfume sample (I haven't tried it yet) and a shaving balm sample for my bf. I wish all job interviews gave free samples!

After my interview for Holt Renfrew, I went to one of the shopping areas downtown and dropped off a couple resumes. I dropped one at BCBG Max Azria, which I absolutely love, and the girl just took it and walked away, so that's not such a good sign. I also dropped one off at Town Shoes, which I also love and already applied for at a different location. The girl I talked to there did a mini-interview right there and I think we got along really well and I felt like I made a good impression. I'm going for a group interview there on Wednesday morning. Wish me luck!

After that, I met up with one of my friends and we browsed through the shops, including a trip to Holt Renfrew, where we chatting away about finding a job and Louboutins. She was also heading to the career fair, so I walked her to the hotel, then came home. I'm really excited about trying to get a job at Town Shoes, as if you work really hard and sell lots of shoes, you can earn free ones as a reward. How great would that be?!?!

Also, coming soon, a blog post about the new Maybelline pulse perfection mascara! I got all my samples in the mail today, which was super exciting for me! I love getting mail that's not flyers.

If you managed to read all the way down to here, thanks, you are the best! Also, here are so somewhat low quality photos of my outfit for today. I wore the jacket all day because it was chilly, but I love the dress to pieces!

One more thing!! I haven't forgotten about my promise to answer any questions you might have, so please send in the questions so I have something to talk about!

5 comments:

Ella Gregory said...

I like the dress.

Alya said...

Hi Meg! You won the pearl earrings giveaway. Please check my blog for the details :)

Fashion Moment said...

So lovely dress!

FM~FP~AF

Couture Carrie said...

I just adooooore free samples!!

You look fabulous in that dress, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

Free samples are a great thing... and your dress is so cool.