Saturday, March 28, 2009

Present I got and something I made...

So my mom came into the city yesterday to do some research at the univeristy library for a paper she's writing for her master's (I know, she'll totally make me look bad if I don't get one) and after we were both done, we took a little trip to the mall (my mom is definately my favourite shopping companion by a long shot. And not just because sometimes she pays). Now, we totally had no intention of buying anything, since we're both trying to save money. We were both were doing good, until she drug me into one of her favourite stores: Tommy Hilfiger. Toward the back of the store, my mom noticed something wonderful, the little "additional 70% off" signs above six racks and a table of clothes which were already on sale. Tommy Hilfiger isn't usually my style, but for that kind of deal, I'm more than willing to try things on. After probably an hour in the store and two seperate trips to the cash register (yeah, we're silly like that), we finally made it out, purchases in tow. My mom got some things and I ended up finding two tops and a sweater, all of which are black, which surprised me a little since I usual wear more colourful clothing. But, before I could wonder if my wadrobe was getting to somber, I found something else a couple adorably bright (and ridiculously cheap) tops at Costco while we were grocery shopping. They're by a brand called Unlisted, which is apparently made by Kenneth Cole. Cool.

Anyhow, here's what I found:

Also, I finished my lastest sewing endeavour, my white star shirt. What do you think? I'll hopefully get an outfit post of it up this week.

And finally, here's my outfit from today, which I only wore to run to the grocery store to get a snack for my sick boyfriend and as an excuse to get out of the house. Shirt - Unlisted, Sweater - Tommy Hilfiger, Jeans - Bluenotes, Flats - Keds

9 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi there-wow, you scored some fab finds, love the coloured tops! Have a great Sunday!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

fabulous job with the DIY shirt=)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Ella Gregory said...

I like the star print.

yiqin; said...

I like the top wit the pretty beading!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Great pieces! You did an amazing job with the star shirt. Looks like it could have been purchased at te store--that's talent =)

Couture Carrie said...

You look fab, darling! I love these jersey-ish pieces, especially the embellished ones!

Very cool that Mom is getting her Masters!

xoxox,
CC

P.S. Thanks for reading those tags and for your sweet comment!

Marian said...

Yummy fab tops honey. I adore the star top sweetie.
muah x
marian

Emz said...

Those 70% off sales racks make me SO excited!

Trace said...

Wow great finds at Costco! I also really like those Keds flats, I'd love to get some like that for summer.