Monday, March 2, 2009

New skirt and new project

So, today is the Pudding and Pie debut of another of my purchases: a brown plaid United Colours of Bennetton skirt. My boyfriend has already started to jokingly refer to it as a kilt (which is pretty close I guess). Regardless, I really like it and I got a good deal on it (major sale, plus everything on sale was an additional 25% off the day I went there). There were also adorable purple boots (also in red and yellow), but they only had tiny feet sizes left.

Also, most people who know me know about my not so secret dream of being a fashion designer. Since I don't want to quit my (non-fashion) degree and am not able to go to fashion school right now, I decided the best thing to do would be to just start sewing. My newest project (started yesterday) is a white print tank. I've finnished the top and now just have the bottom half to complete. However, the fabric I bought was a remenant (50% AND buy 1 get 3 free) so I'm a little limited but I think I can make it work. Here's my progress so far (and you get to meet Matilda, the dressform my auntie is lending me. I think she's an antique (Matilda, not my auntie)).

8 comments:

DaisyChain said...

Love the skirt,
and the top so far reminds me of the liberty print bustier from topshop!

www.janetteria.com said...

Lovely outfit! Good work, Meg!

xoxo: Janet

Ella Gregory said...

The bra top is cute. Very Chloe Sevigny.

Couture Carrie said...

Such a cute skirt - you wear minis so well, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Susana Rodrigues said...

hehe bf, hubbys always like to joke with our clothes, but the skirt is really cute and it looks great on you!
Kisses
Su

Kira Aderne said...

So nice!!
Go on in that dream!!
We are here to support you!

a kiss
you are the best!

see you,
Kira

Unknown said...

Adorable skirt!! I love all the wonderful creativity :))

ZuKi said...

Hi! You know I have the same situation now: dream about being fashion designer but don't want quit first degree;) I also find ways to "approach" to my dream and try to sew and combine in different ways clothes that I already have:)
Cheers