Friday, December 18, 2009

A change of plans

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm lazy (and busy!). I knew I would be too tired to go to the fabric store where I intially bought all my fabric after work, so I decided to go to the giant fabric depot near my work on my lunch break. I'm both amazed and intimidated whenever I go there because it's turned away in an industrial park, a bit dimly lit and I always get lost when I go upstairs (It's big and made up of different rooms, including a room full of buttons), but I remembered where the flannelette was (corner of the second room) and so got quickly in and out in about ten minutes (a record for me in a fabric store). So in the end, I just went and bought new fabric and I'm not sure what to do with the old fabric, as spray and wash could not save it. But now my niece will have a nightie with bed-time bears on it instead. I still have a lot of work ahead though, but at least it's something I enjoy!

20 comments:

www.janetteria.com said...

Great!


Xx

ellie said...

Its wonderful you find a fabric store that huge. Here where I live we have expensive quilt shops around but no more JoAnn's fabrics. There is a little to choose from at Wal-mart..but very slim pick's. Great that you found this wonderful fabric.

the oaks said...

Looks really sweet. Hope they make up well.

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous work, darling!

xoxox,
CC

ellie said...

hope the sewing is going well this weekend. good to hear from you. i think its time for hot chocolate!

Niks La Mode. said...

that is tewwwwww cute!!!! x

Cait said...

I think you're rather industrious. How sweet!

Winnie said...

Oh I love that fabric, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous darling
love it, great inspiration
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for the sweet comments

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

meraldia said...

Beautiful colors!

www.janetteria.com said...

Hey again,

Please don't forget to enter the brooches giveaways!

X♥X♥

ellie said...

hope the sewing is sewn up now..hehehe..glad its you doing these projects instead of me. I made my mom napkins on Thanksgiving day..that was quite more of an undertaking than I thought.

cait said...

I hope you are having a happy weekend! Love the project.

FashionJazz said...

Luv this! Hope u had a good weekend : ) xx

marian said...

aww how cute are the bears! bet the nieces loved the nighties.
happy holidays!
xx
marian

Unknown said...

loving it x

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

good luck on your project! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Heehee a room filled with buttons sounds really cool!
Anyway, I think you're full of awesome to be able to make clothes, and for your nieces even! Perhaps you could try applique-ing to salvage the stained one? Because it looks really good from the previous post and it would be such a shame to just throw it away like that ^^

cass and cady said...

Hope you had a good Christmas.

the oaks said...

Its good ot hear from you. Hope you are having a good week..and the weather isn't too bad.